Singapore Day 3: Singapore Zoo

Hello friends! Happy New Year. I hope you guys had a fun filled vacation this holiday season. I’ve been busy with so many things that I totally forgot to blog. J Anyways, just a reminder that this SG trip happened last February 2012. Bwaha
Our 3rd day at Singapore was spent at the famous Singapore Zoo. The first time I visited this country, my family and I went to the Night Safari. I could say that I enjoyed the zoo more than the safari and that's maybe because I can clearly see the animals and take tons of pictures with them.
We had a hard time locating the zoo. From our hotel, we went to Bugis MRT station; board the train, alight at Central station. From there, transfer to Jurong East line; board the train, alight at Ang Mo Kio station. Take Exit B and go to Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8 then wait for Bus 138. The bus will take you to the Singapore Zoo. The bus ride takes about an hour so it was such a long trip from Bugis to the Zoo.
Upon arriving at the zoo, there were already visitors on queue. I don’t know how much we paid for our tickets but I remembered that we got a discount just by presenting our passports (based on my friend’s blog, we paid SGD25 each). The zoo is really big that’s why they offer guest a tram ride but that incurs additional cost. At dahil sa tindi ng init at pagod, nag avail kami. But sad to say, the tram ride was not worth it because we had to walk back to where it passes so we can pictures with the animals. 
There were really a lot of animals along the trail (zoo nga e). The first sightings were these birds. I thought they are plastics but they were real. Hihi
I’ll try to bring you to the zoo by showing you this pictures.
 
it's been a while since the last time I saw giraffes and
zebras
 
 
 
Pagod din kayo?
 
Visitors can ride elephants too.
There were a lot of monkeys! As in super.. na kahit san ka lumingon may unggoy.
aga aga kung ano ano ginagawa
But this one is the cutest:
I also enjoyed the views – very pleasing to the eyes because of the sun, water and colors.
 

The last animal we saw were penguins. I really thought that their cuteness is to the highest level but nooooo. L ang papaya nila e, ang layo sa happy feet. K bwaha
It was so hot that we need something to hydrate us. Then I saw this guy selling fruit slush. Jerellt and I bought Mango slush – so yummy and refreshing.
We also had lunch so if you plan to eat there, be sure to be early because seats are quite limited and the queue gets too long.
Before leaving the place, we had the chance to watch an animal show. The zoo offers a lot of animal shows so better grab the schedules before roaming around the place.
By the way, here’s the reason why I joined the magnum craze when I heard that it will be brought here in the Philippines – Magnum Double Caramel Ice Cream. It was really creamy and caramelly. I was just disappointed that the flavor I love was not here. So now I’m out of the craze. Hihi.
SGD 3+
0 Responses