Estrellas de Mendoza Playa Resort

First day of March and I’m off with my office friends for my first summer escapade of the year (actually, first and last). This is another late post but not as late as my Ilocos posts. :p
We had a hard time choosing a resort because we all had our own preferences. Manne and I were under limited budget. I wanted to have a room with TV for Boyps. Lareina wanted a resort with beach and swimming pool (I want a pool too :p).  Lareina’s BFF requested to just concentrate our research within Batangas area. And the list goes on. Lareina also wanted to go to Acuatico but I told her that I’ve been there already. So to be fair to all, we looked for a resort where no one has been there yet. Bottomline, we only wanted to find a place where we can unwind and swim to beat the summer heat!
After researching and reading tons of reviews, I came across one – Estrellas de Mendoza. I don’t have any idea about this resort. I've done a lot of Batangas beaches resort research but never found this one. Internet pictures are so inviting that's why we're curious about it.
Estrellas de Mendoza still has a work in progress website that’s why we had difficulty reaching them. I used the inquiry form found on their website to send all the details and queries but I got no reply. I called them through their landline phone and finally made the reservation. Just an hour after our conversation, I received an email from them indicating the payment terms and conditions.
We are a group of 6 adults and 1 child so Estrellas told me to get 2 superior rooms. Lareina and I assumed that Manne and his husband will occupy room 1 and the four of us will occupy the other one. I was a bit afraid that the room can’t accommodate four adults because it has queen-sized bed and single twin-sized bed. So Lareina called Estrellas again if they can add additional bed to our room and they agreed but for an additional cost of PHP1,500. And we are all set. The car that we used was courtesy of Lareina’s BFF. First time ko makasakay ng Montero na hindi pumipila sa toll gate :p Ikaw na ang naka E-PASS :p
Our meeting time is 7:30AM but unfortunately, MRT operation was cut short until Shaw Boulevard only that’s why Lareina and I were late! We arrived around past 8 in the morning. Lareina’s BFF thought that he was fooled and that he’s the only person that was given the “7:30AM must-be-there” time. Hihi.
After 3 hours of travelling, we arrived at Estrellas de Mendoza resort. We checked-in immediately and gladly, they allowed us to occupy the rooms as early as 12:30PM. I also requested them to remove the P1500 additional charge for extra bed and they obliged. 
Our rooms were adjacent to each other. Both have 1 queen-sized bed and 1 twin-sized bed. Boyps and I shared the twin-sized while Manne and family occupied the other one. The bed was not that soft but it was clean. The sheets and pillows were clean and fragrant too. There’s a phone, alarm clock and lamp in between beds.
Our room has huge cabinets, 
water heater, cups and saucers, complimentary coffee, creamer and sugar and two bottled water.
working table and chair,

safety deposit box and cable television and refrigerator.
The bathroom is spacious enough and clean. The shower area is in the right side while the toilet with bidet is on the left. Body and hand towels, toiletries, glasses and blower are also found inside the bathroom. I love taking a bath here because of the strong water pouring from the shower head. Super sarap magbabad! 
Our room also has a balcony overseeing the pool and beach.
After taking pictures of the room, we went outside to check the pool and beach. The beach was so serene and calm. Though it was not that good for swimming, it was so good for sight-seeing. It was very pleasant to the eyes.
There’s also a playground where kids can play and enjoy. 
Around the infinity pool were house cottages that can accommodate bigger groups. There are also tables and chairs with umbrellas.  The infinity pool was mesmerizing! It was huge enough for guests to swim freely. Lucky us, there were not much guests during our visit that’s why the area was not crowded. The pool’s depth ranges from 5’ – 5’2” feet. No need to worry about the kids because there’s a kiddie pool too.
Hotel - like resort
Accommodation and swimming pool wise, the place was really perfect. I guess it’s the benefit of trying a place while it’s still new. The staffs were friendly and surroundings were clean. It was a bit expensive (Php 6,800 per night) but every time I think of how much I paid for Acuatico, this one is more worth it. (I’m not saying that Acuatico is not worthy to visit because it is! But maybe for a day tour only). Food? Hmmm, you’ll see on my next post.

Estrellas de Mendoza
Laiya, San Juan
819--6050 / 819-6049
http://www.estrellasdemendoza.com/index.html



0 Responses