Midnight Mercato
Boyps and I don’t usually go on a night out. Nine o’clock in the evening is already late for us because we always want to catch the last train of LRT. Hihi. Our usual dinner out is always with friends, like get together / monthly dinner. And whenever we failed to catch the last train, I ended up sleeping in his apartment. So when I told my mother that I will stay at Boyps after the Pyro at MOA, I asked Boyps to make the most out of that night.
I have been to Salcedo weekend market and never to any night markets. So that night, I asked Boyps if we can go to Taguig to try Mercato Centrale.
We rode a cab from Buendia – Taft going to Mercato Centrale in Bonifacio Global City. The place was packed with lots of food trippers like us. There’s a huge area that holds the tables and chairs but it was full and even those monoblocks are occupied.
There were lots of stalls selling a variety of food – from rice with viands, pastas, sausages and bread, soups, appetizers and desserts. Of course, there are also stalls selling drinks like juices and milk teas.
The first stall that caught our attention was Tacklings – mini tacos wrap ala dumpling style. But while we are on queue, I saw a familiar face and I still don't know his name. Hihi
Anyways, we immediately bought a dozen and enjoyed every piece of it. I wish they could add more meat and salsa to make it more flavorful and sulit. J I guess this is the only food we bought that we really enjoyed. The rest that we had were just okay – as in casualan lang.
Boyps got curious with these Potato Croquettes so we bought one. According to the poster, it has bacon and cheese but it wasn’t generous enough. Maxadong nakakabusog at may umay factor pag madami ng nakain.
Every time I see Takoyaki, I always make sure to try it. This one is no different from the others I have tried. It wasn’t bad but not good enough. 
I can’t let that night pass without trying sausages. The price is P150 – buy 1, take 1. But I ask the vendor, what if I only want to buy one, the guy said, “naku pag isa lang Php 75 po”. I find it weird, because I should only be paying P75 and get two sausages. That’s how I understand it. P75 isang sausage, so if buy 1 take 1, P75 lang dapat, free yung isa. :p
Food trip won't be complete without drinks. The juice was okay, the milk tea was super sweet.
This is where I had my first Mochiko experience. I really got curious after seeing it. I bought a lot of mochi when I was in Taiwan and I really loved it. So I got excited after knowing that there’s a mochi filled with ice cream. I bought cookies n cream since the lady said that it is one of their bestseller. The ice cream is really hard after purchased so I had to wait for 2-3 minutes before I take a bite. I enjoyed the experience but I don’t find it yummy. Keri lang, Maxadong mahal para sa P70 tapos ung cookie isa lang, nasa gitna ng ice cream. :p
I'm not sure if the schedule is still the same as shown in my picture below.
Every food market I visit is a good and fun experience. I got to enjoy different foods while still spending less. Masaya may ka share. J I hope my next is Bancheto. J open pa ba yun? =))



Mercato Centrale
30th Avenue and 9th Street

6 comments:

  1. RJ Ledesma yata yung celebrity? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh unga.. korek ka dian.. :D super funny siya.. hihi

      Delete
  2. Ang kulet nung buy 1 take 1 haha! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. merun pang midnight mercato this may? Thanks. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. They are open every Fridays and Saturdays from 10pm - 3am. Kindly visit their FB page for more info / updates. :) https://www.facebook.com/mercatocentrale
      https://www.facebook.com/midnightmercato

      Delete