MARU

I've wanted to try this restaurant for months already and that craving level has increased after seeing it being featured in a local TV show (can't remember what) and the host just kept on saying that it was the best Korean restaurant (for her) so far. I've been to Yedang and Kogi Bulgogi already and I can say that I'm really enjoying Korean dishes because of the free appetizers (appetizers pa lang, busog ka na) and Korean paste. Hihi
Upon arriving at the place, I was surprise that it wasn't packed yet. I even thought that I have to wait for a staff to direct us to our seats but I was wrong. Anyone is free to choose where to seat. I asked the staff if we can occupy one of the vacant "korean- style tables" – no chairs, guests will seat on a pillow and gladly, he said yes. Pero nangawit talaga ako dun.
My dear companions were late because of heavy traffic so it was just me and Boyps who took care of the orders.  While waiting for them, we were served with house tea and lots of appetizers - all for free. It was so many that I can only name a few - tofu, spicy anchovies, kimchi, potatoes and five more. Hihi
 Appetizers can be refilled!
As well as this - house tea unlimited!
Just after one of the main dish was served, Je and Boyet arrived! So here's what we have shared for dinner:
Dakdori - Tang (Php 850) is a chicken soup with lots of potatoes. I love the soup but not the chicken. The spiciness of the soup was tolerable and there's really this "hagod-thing" that I like. I would love this dish even more if it was served with noodles than chicken. :p
Boyps says: "I really thought that this is not a soup dish. Usual lang din ung anghang nung sabaw"
Dolsot Bibimbap (Php 350) Bibimbap is a famous Korean dish – Korean rice topped with veggies, sunny side up egg and ground beef.  It was served with Korean paste and another sauce that I don't know. Haha. But it was good! I first find it bland but after adding some paste in it, it became delicious.
Boyps says: "casualan"
We also got two sets of thinly sliced beef with petchay Baguio. We fry it without putting oil. We were wondering why the staff did not drizzle the pan with oil and just immediately place the sliced meat on it. Until we we're halfway and notice a lot of oil is spilling from the pan. Hihi.  Our beef was really tender and flavorful. I tried eating this with the Bibimbap and petchay dipped in their super yummy Korean paste (I'm not sure if it's a soybean paste). Heaven.
Note: If you wanna experience the "cook-it-yourself" food, a minimum of two sets should be ordered, otherwise, your ordered meat will be cooked by their chef and later, served.
Boyps says: kala ko madami yung meat, hindi pala :p
After that sumptuous dinner, we continue chatting at Seattle's Best coffee shop in Taft avenue. I ordered the Heavenly Cheesecake (super sarap but sad to say, this is only available for a limited time) while Boyps had Avocado Milkshake (rich and creamy!).
It was such a fun night even if we are only four. And I'm really looking forward to have more dinner / lunch out / and simple get together with them. Inferness, sarap ng may friend na may car. :p Bwaha

Maru
HK Sun Plaza
Macapagal Ave.
Pasay City

Seattle's Best Coffee
Taft Avenue
Manila

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sure! hahahaha.. this time pede na sa rob=)) meron naman pala dun.. hihihi

      Delete