Singapore 2012: Part 2 of Day 1: Art Science Museum + Sky Park
Here’s the last part of my Singapore 2012 Day 1. Just after the Singapore Flyer ride, we run our way to the Art Science Museum for the Titanic Exhibition. It was just a walking distance from the flyer. Just across it was the spiral bridge that we passed through to go to the museum.
The Flyer
Marina Bay Sands
The gallery can be found in front of the entrance of Marina Bay Sands building. There were no people on queue when we arrived. We also got a discount on the ticket price since we came in as a group. Each of paid SGD 20 for the Titanic and Cartier Time Exhibitions.
First stop is the Titanic Exhibition.We were given a boarding pass at the entrance of the museum.

Both museums do not allow picture taking. So I only got pictures outside the main gallery.
The titanic museum was awesome! I initially thought that it would be boring but it wasn’t. It was as if I was able to ride on that huge luxurious ship.  A lot of exhibits were displayed. It also showcases the real items found inside the ship, how each room were designed from first to third class. The utensils also depended on which class you belong - from spoons, forks, plates and saucers. Screws, ceramics and a lot more can also be found in that exhibition. A lot of stories and voice recordings can also be read and heard inside the museum. There was also a huge ice berg with hand prints. Hihi. 
Right after exploring the Titanic Exhibition, we went to the Cartier Time museum. I was just so amazed how creative the designers and creators of their clocks and watches are - so unique and elegant. Every piece, every part of it was manually assembled and tested. No wonder why it was expensive. I wish I could have one (in my dreams). Hihi. There was also a video on how each watch is assembled, how it was tested - super extensive!
Art Science museum is open daily from 10am to 10pm but I guess events change from time to time so better check their website for updates.
After the museum tours, I asked them if we can still do a Sky Park tour. It was about to close in 30 minutes but I really want to experience it so I really beg for their approval. Hindi na kasi masusulit dahil magmamadali pero gusto ko talaga! We got lost inside the MBS and we had no idea where the ticketing office of the Sky Park was. We run and asked until we found it. There were queues but it wasn't long. Immediately after buying our tickets, we headed to the elevator and there we are at Marina Bay Sands' Sky Park.  Going up there will give you a chance to have a glimpse of Singapore at night. It was almost the same with what we saw when we were at the Flyer but with city lights. My friend also sighted a light show but sadly we were not able to watch it closely. We were not able to watch the fireworks display too. I wanted to see the infinity pool of the resort but sadly, only checked-in guests are allowed.
Sky Park is open daily from 930am to 10pm but it extends its operating hours on Friday, Saturday, Sunday until 11pm.
Sky Park tickets costs SGD 20
We had a super late dinner on our first day. We were tired because of all the walking we did. We had no idea where to eat so we all decided to look at the restaurants beside our hotel. Scholars Hotpot Pte Ltd offers set menu and shabu-shabu. There were only a few guests when we arrived because it was past 11 in the evening already.
I even remember our tablemates trying to explain / encourage us to try the shabu-shabu because it was really good. But it was a bit expensive and we were not that hungry then. So here's what we had for dinner:
Cheese and Shrimp balls (SGD 6.00) for Boyps. I asked him if he can still remember how it taste but he said no. Haha. But I'm pretty sure that it wasn't bad because he was able to consume everything.
Chicken Cutlets (SGD 6.00) for me. Flavored rice topped with sunny side up egg and chicken strips drizzled with sauce. I enjoyed my dish. The chicken was tender and the sauce was tasty.
After this, we went back to our hotel and rest. Haha. It was such a tiring Day 1 but I'm excited for our day 2. Watch out for my posts. :)

Scholars Hotpot Pte Ltd
23 Middle Road
Singapore

1 comment: