Singapore 2012: Part 1 of Day 1: Strolling at Bugis Area + Singapore Flyer
It was a 3-hr flight from Manila to Singapore. We arrived a bit late after lunch so after checking in at our hotel, we immediately strolled along Bugis street to find where to have our first food trip in Singapore.
After walking street after street, we passed thru Tastebud food court. It was just a small place with stalls selling a variety of food and drinks. After a quick roam in the area, we all settled at Upper Cross Street.
Boyps and I had Chicken Rice Set for 2 (SGD 7.00) - white chicken served with 2 rice. I enjoyed this. I like the sweet and salty kick from the sauce and the chicken meat was so tender.
Boyps wanted me to try Ngor Hiong (SGD 1.50) but he was disappointed because it's not exactly what he's looking for. It actually tasted like Kikiam. It was a good mistake though. I still liked it.

Tastebud FoodCourt
52 Bugis Street,
Singapore


After lunch, we continued walking along the place. We pass through several markets that sell food, clothes and souvenir items. Boyps told us that there are temples near the area. On our way to our first stop, we saw this.
First Stop: Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple - there were so many people inside the temple praying or (chanting) and lighting incense.
Just a walking distance from the first temple was the Sri Krishnan Temple. There's a fewer people in this area.
Temples are both located at Waterloo street.
How to get there from our hotel: walk through Middle road then turn right at Waterloo street (you'll need to pass through Northbridge st., Victoria st. and Queen st.).
I spotted a milk tea shop so I ask them if we can try and they all agreed. We bought drinks at Ice to go (Waterloo street corner Bencoolen link).
Milk Tea (SGD 1.80)
Our third stop - The Singapore Flyer. Looking at the map, I thought that going to the Flyer from Bugis can be done by walking (atlis pede pa mag sight-seeing). I was holding the map then and kept on telling them that it was just near. But after 30 minutes of walking, the wheel was still nowhere to be sighted. :| They all started to have doubts if we should continue walking or start calling a cab. Hihi. We were all tired then all because of me. But I was still glad because we were able to passed by a mall. We had a quick stroll at Suntec City Mall and there I found something that I bought for myself. (selfish :p)
At last, we were able to finally reach the Singapore Flyer. Hihi. Je suggested that we follow the couple that she thinks was also a tourist. It was not my first time to ride at the Flyer but I still had the same "excited-feeling" during that time.
Tickets cost SGD29.50(Php 900+) for each passenger.
We went there last February so it was the love month and here's what we saw near the ticket booth:
After entering the place, there were exhibits and displays along the area. 
And here are some views from the flyer.
Esplanade
Naputol ung Marina Bay :p
Buildings and Highways

It was a 30 minute relaxing ride. Atleast we got to rest before heading to our next destination. 

The Singapore Flyer
Raffles Avenue
0 Responses