Flaming Wings
Another weekdate with Boyps and I was craving for some chicken wings. I knew that he will suggest Flaming wings and there we ended up having dinner that night. We had been here once before and I could still remember how spicy (or should I say super spicy?) their spicy chicken was. So this time, I settled for the mild ones so I can enjoy the wings a lot better.
For starters, I asked Boyps to order Garlic Fries (Php 99). The fries were thick and not too oily, though the garlic flavor was missing. It was actually topped with toasted garlic but the fries did not absorb the flavor. It wasn't salty at all too. Good thing we have dips from our chicken meal that we used to add some flavor to it.
We ordered 5 pc. Chicken wings (Php 235) and the waitress said that we can choose 2 sauces and dips for that. We had Bleu Cheese and Honey Mustard for dips and Smokey BBQ and Mild and Sweet for the chicken sauces.  At first, I wasn't sure which is which when our chicken was served. Its taste was almost the same except the sweetness from the mild and sweet sauce was really evident.  Both sauces were slightly spicy and salty. We just notice that the chicken weren't hot and it was a bit hard. The breading wasn't crispy and there's just a little meat in some of the wings. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed the chicken with assorted dips. :p
Boyps ordered an individual meal which is the Tenders Meal (Php 125). It's a chicken fillet with sauce and dip, served with rice and a glass of Iced Tea. The chicken wasn't so tender, it was sliced too thin and the breading was a bit hard. I was reading some huge post-its on the wall and guests did enjoy the tenders meal but for me it was just so-so.
Boyps says: "The chicken tenders were bigger the last time I tried it, ngayon parang fries na lang yung size niya".

The place was packed when we arrived so we waited for minutes before we got our seats. Staff told us to place our orders while waiting to be seated. Staffs were nice, ambiance was good and service was just okay. 


Flaming Wings
Archer's Nook Dorm,
Taft Avenue
Malate, Manila

4 comments: