Crown Regency Hotel
My sister bought two vouchers for an overnight stay in any Crown Regency Hotel branches around the country. She was supposed to have a Cebu vacation last year but she got pregnant so it wasn’t pushed through. Days before the voucher expire, she told me to use it so as not to waste it. I asked my mom and my brother if they want to avail the vouchers with me and they said “okay”. So I called Crown Regency to ask for dates with available rooms. The voucher was only valid until Dec 24 and the dates with vacant rooms are Dec 16 and Dec 24 only. So I confirmed our reservation for Dec 16 staycation. Come that day, my mother and brother no longer wanted to join me (tinamad lang). K My mom told me, “sayang yun, kayo na lang dalawa ni Boyps”. It was such a busy day because I attended my nephew’s Christening then after that, headed to Fort to attend my friend’s daughter’s 1st birthday.

So after the children’s party, I asked Boyps to pack some clothes so we can go the hotel. I even invited my friend Je, since the room I reserved was good for four. But she declined my invitation despite the fact that it’s FREE. :p Anyways, Boyps and I went to the hotel for a very short and quick staycation.

We rode a cab going to the hotel but unfortunately, the address I got from Google was incorrect. It was stated that it was located in the The Columns. I asked the driver to bring us to Crown Regency but he doesn’t know where it is so I gave the address. He dropped us at The Columns and after asking the lobby guard, he told us that there’s no hotel in the building. We asked several people along the streets, security guards of other buildings and even Jeepney drivers where the hotel is located but no one knows where it is. K Some even pointed us to the wrong direction. I told Boyps that based on google maps, it is near Dusit Hotel, and so we just walk straight until we reached the hotel.
Now I know why the hotel was unnoticeable – there’s no signage at all, the name of the hotel has no lights and the building was just small. I whispered to Boyps “eto na ba yun? May tao kaya dyan?
We arrived past 8 in the evening. The lobby lights were so dimmed and it just made me feel that the place was so creepy. The receptionist immediately gave me a form to fill up, request for the voucher and finally handed me the card key.
Upon entering the room, I really didn’t find it cool and extravagant. I don’t know if I’m just expecting too much because it’s a “Makati hotel”. The room was too big for the two of us and I liked it. The room may look old but the bed sheets and pillows were soft. Our room has two queen-sized beds,
cable TV, sofa, office chair and table,
bathroom with hot and cold shower and bath tub.  I would want to use the bath tub but I think it was not functioning well. Boyps and I were not able to find out how to close the drainage. We were trying to pull something but the drainage was still open. Hehe. But I loved the shower. :p I guess they just needed to fix the glass door because the water was still spilling out that makes the floor wet.
Basic toiletries were also provided inside the bathroom.

There’s also a small kitchen with microwave oven, cups and saucers and drinking glasses. I didn’t noticed if we have refrigerator. Hihi
Our stay included a buffet breakfast for two. Food was just so - so, variety of food was quite few.
It was just so sad that the hotel has no swimming pool. L It was such a short stay but I still enjoyed it. Chatting with Boyps, watching TV and just simply lying on a queen-sized bed all by myself made my stay worthwhile.

Crown Regency Hotel
1026 Antonio Arnaiz Ave.
San Lorenzo Village,
Makati City

2 comments:

  1. Nadaanan ko to once, sabi ko "Eto pala 'yung sinasabi ni Joie." Hindi siya masyadong mukhang hotel. :p

    ReplyDelete