Yutaka Izakaya


Just before a holiday (this was another late post), Boyps and I had dinner at Yutaka Izakaya. He’s been eyeing this restaurant for a long time already and it just so happen that I was craving for some noodles soup. I’ve been feeling cold ever since I started working. It looks like my jacket was not enough to give me comfort while working in a very cold environment.
Anyways, we both think that it was a perfect timing to finally try this restaurant. Yutaka Izakaya is a Japanese restaurant serving a variety of noodles, rice meals, maki and sushi. The ambiance was cozy and really “japanistic”. Haha. They have low tables were guests will sit on the floor with pillows.
Here’s what we got for dinner:
Katsutoji set (Php 149) – this is closely similar to pork tonkatsu meal. The only difference was, the porkchop was mixed with scrambled egg and drizzled with some sauce. This meal set comes with rice and miso soup. The soup was great but not as tasty as Sakae Sushi’s version. The pork was a bit pale but with the help of soy sauce, its taste has improved. 
I wanted some soup so I got one for myself. I ordered Nabeyaki Udon (Php 239).  It was a thick noodle soup with veggies and tempura as toppings. It was delicious and soothing. This is quite similar to Nemoto's version. I miss Nemoto already. :(
Service was fast and crews were nice. It was such a fun  food trip experience again with Boyps.


Yutaka Izakaya
Madison Bldg.
Taft Ave.
Malate, Manila
0 Responses