A Visit to CDO and Iligan - Day 1: Shrine of the Divine Mercy
After our lunch at Panagatan, our next destination is the Shrine of the Divine Mercy. It’s a short trip from Panagatan. We can even see the 50-foot statue of the Divine Mercy along the trip. Upon reaching the place, Boyps’ parents and I were asked to wear a skirt since shorts and pants are not allowed. Men can wear pants but girls must wear below –the- knee skirts.  We bought 2 candles – pink and white. I forgot their meaning but I think it’s for peace and good health.
50-foot Statue of the Divine Mercy
w/ Boyps' parents
Upon reaching the statue, we were asked to attend the briefing first if we want to go upstairs. Briefing is a prerequisite before anyone can go up to the statue. The speaker is an old retiree of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (if I’m not mistaken). He shared his experiences as a soldier and beliefs as a preacher. He also gave us instructions on what to do upon reaching the top. Going on top and facing the Blessed Sacrament is more of a “registration” to heaven. He said to avoid praying since it can be done everywhere. He also told us to not bring anything for it may be used by Satan for destructions.  These are just some of his words before we proceed. It just feels so good that I got the chance to enter His heart "literally". I felt peace and pure happiness even for just a while.


After the visit to the statue, I tried to drink their miracle water and whisper a prayer. We then lit our candle and finally bid goodbye to one of God's kingdom here on earth – the Shrine of the Divine Mercy.
Miracle Water
Before we leave, Boyps’ mom bought this. I don’t know its name but it’s delicious. It’s like a big cereal (or kirei the junk food) with caramelized sugar on top.
FYI: They are still doing some work on the Shrine. But I think the place can be used for pilgrimage / do Station of the Cross. Chapel is available; the 50-foot Divine Mercy statue is now open to public. Entrance is free.

Shrine of Divine Mercy
Cagayan de Oro

1 comment:

  1. Nice shots. I really like to go to the Shrine of Divine Mercy for my pilgrimage but I couldn't find time yet. Maybe this weekend I will.

    ReplyDelete