Ilocos Itinerary: Day 0: Vigan Café Uno and Calle Crisologo

Right after checking-in at Vigan Plaza Hotel, we immediately went out to stroll along Calle Crisilogo and at the same time, to eat dinner at Café Uno.
It was past 8 in the evening when we arrived in Vigan so most; actually, all shops along the street were already closed. Our first agenda was to look for Café Uno. We’ve read a lot of good reviews about the place so why not give it a try.
We thought that the restaurant was closed already so we went to the open food area just in front of it without knowing that it was affiliated with Café Uno. I forgot the name of the place but I think it's Uno Grill. Hihi. The place was not packed with guests when we arrive and the interior of the place was dimmed and quiet.
Note: Guests can order dishes from menu list of Cafe Uno, Uno Grill and Kafe Felicitas.
Anyways and as always, I can no longer give you exact details of how each food tastes. The only thing I remembered is that the Chicken dish I ordered was a hit for all of us. We had fun dining  here – good food for a very cheap price. The staffs were friendly and accommodating. I can say that we had a success for our first food trip in Vigan, Ilocos.
**updates: I've seen my draft of my Ilocos post!So I will be updating the food reviews. :)

Fiesta Fried Rice (Php110) - fried rice with scrambled egg, chorizo, green peas and bell pepper. I liked this. It can actually be eaten even without viand. Though it’s tasty, it doesn’t steal away the flavour of other dishes we have.

Bagnet Sisig (Php 190) - a must try! Who wouldn’t want to try bagnet when in Ilocos? This is one of the reason why we were there.:p Bagnet is just like a lechon kawali here in Manila. My friend told me that Bagnet was just cooked differently. It was fried 3 times.(Je tama ba?) Anyways, the dish was good, quite sinful because of the fats and oil. But you would all agree that just made it extra special and delicious.

Pinakbet (Php 100) - Since we knew that bagnet is not good for our health, we opted to get a vegetable dish to lessen the guilt. I’m not a fan of pinakbet since I only eat the ampalaya and string beans. But I liked the sauce, super daming bagoong.

Chicken Karimbuaya (Php 175) - super hit! It was me who suggested this. Yes I’m super proud because everyone liked this. Hihi. It really has a unique flavour but I don’t know what it is. Hihi. It looks like an Inasal Chicken but taste differently.

After dinner, we continue wandering along Calle Crisologo. We take pictures from everywhere. I may be weird but I was fascinated with what we saw. It’s like a blast from the past.  Luma na kung luma pero ang galing that they were able to keep its beauty behind its simplicity. I believe that some buildings there were residential, others were commercial and a Police / Barangay office. 
 There's a group of teens chatting and playing along this so serene street even if it's already late at night.
Unfortunately, we weren’t able to explore Calle Crisologo during day time due to a very limited time. We didn’t even had the chance to try Vigan Empanada and buy some souvenir items.

**Please read my friend's blog for more information about our Ilocos Trip. :)

Café Uno
#1 Bonifacio St.
Corner Quirino
Vigan, Ilocos Sur


2 comments:

  1. Gabi din namin nalakad and Calle Crisologo habang nagkukwentuhan ng nakakatakot. Hahahahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahahaha.. kelangan talaga nakakatakot? :p ako di ko na maalala pinag uusapan namin =)) bwahahaha

      Delete