Kanin Club
I had lots of celebration for my birthday last July. (oha july pa to naka draft sa blog ko:p) We had pasta and chicken festival at home, lunch with Boyps at Buffet 101 and the most recent was lunch with my mother and brother at Kanin Club. I wanted them to try Filipino dish aside from what my mother and auntie cook in our eatery.
It would be our first time to go to UP techno hub as this was the nearest branch of the said restaurant from our house. We had difficulty finding the place because there were few signage along the Commonwealth avenue. We had 3 rounds of driving along the Q.C circle and that made me hungrier and a bit dizzy.
There were a lot of customers waiting to be seated when we arrived. The waitress said that we have to wait for 30 minutes before we can get a slot. Luckily, after placing our orders, we were advised that seats are ready to be occupied.
I wanted them to try what I have tried before which is the Sinangag na Sinigang and their famous and unique crispy Dinuguan.
Sinangag na Sinigang (Php 224) is a fried rice that taste exactly like Sinigang. The only difference – it was dry. It was topped with thinly sliced pork meat, crispy kangkong and breaded okra.
Brother – asim, parang di bagay sa mga ulam na inorder natin.
Me – super yummy pa din! Hihi.

Crispy Dinuguan (Php 261), from its name, is made up of crispy porklets (and chicharon with laman – I think!) set in thick pork blood. My brother is a dinuguan non-eater but he helped me finish everything on the plate. The serving is really generous. Sawa na kami pero may nangunguya pa din. :p
Brother requested to try Crispy pork binagoongan (Php 231). It's a pork belly laid in bagoong sauce with tomato slices. The meat was really crispy but we all didn't like the sauce. It would be better if they will add more bagoong.
Mother wanted some fish so we settled for Binukadkad na Tilapia (Php 246). Another crispy dish but this was really bland. You really need to dip it to the soy sauce to add flavor to it. My brother finds it fishy though. Hihi
I think they enjoyed the experience as much as I did. My brother told me that he liked it because we had a break from our usual "fast food lunch out". Hihi
Mother would like to have dessert so I suggested to buy Razon's Halo-halo which is also just within the area.

Kanin Club
UP Ayala Land TechnoHub
Commonwealth Ave.
Quezon City
0 Responses