A Visit to CDO and Iligan - Day 1: White Water Rafting
Let's have a break of my Taiwan Adventure. I just want to share my latest out of town trip with Boyps. Last January, we booked a flight bound to Cagayan de Oro for another 4-day vacation. We'll just have 1 day in CDO and the rest will be spent in Iligan - Boyps hometown. I've always wanted to go to their place for a visit and tour as well that's why I immediately said yes when he invited me to go there with him. We were at the airport as early as 4AM since our scheduled departure is at 6:05AM. We arrived in CDO at 730AM - still on time even if our flight was a bit delayed (good job captain =D)


Our first itinerary is to try White Water Rafting. Ever since I saw this sport, I said to myself that I must try it. I'm not into an extreme sport (or any sport at all. haha) so it's more of an experience for me to go extreme. Boyps do the contacting but I did the reservation. haha. He's stressed because his contact is not replying and if they do, only 1 question is answered. hehe. So I decided to text the number posted in the internet and they're constantly replying. I also called them but let Boyps do the talking since they are more comfortable speaking Bisaya language. Boyps is also complaining why the contact is not replying when he's the one texting, but when it's me, Kuya is replying back immediately (well not all the time, but at least :p).

Rafting Experience
We waited for a jeepney with 2 rafts on top. Everytime we saw 1 passing, we keep on saying "naku baka ayan na yan". So I texted Kuya Gary and told him that we are waiting at the exit area of CDO airport. After 30mins of waiting, 1 jeepney stopped in front of us and introduced themselves as our guides. Since Boyp's dad brought a car, we had to park it at the finish line. Then we transferred to the jeepney so we can go to the starting line of this water adventure. we dressed up, put on the head gears and floaters, listen to the briefing and we're now ready to conquer the Cagayan de Oro river. The guide always reminds us to listen to his commands. What we usually hear from him are "5 front paddle", "back paddle", "stop stop", "high five" and "picture picture". 

High Five
Forward Paddle


We only tried the Beginner's Course which has 14 rapids. But there are plenty of rapids waiting for your raft. haha. Some of the names of the rapids I remember are, Kris drop (it's the name of the last person who fell on that rapid), dan drop, surpise, rapids with 3 ways - brave way, coward's way and no way, kiss the wall and the last rapid. Haha, I just can't stop laughing whenever Kuya throws a joke like "kita mo ba yang batong yan:.. me answering yes,, he replied back. "ako din". "KG: sorry laging 5 paddles lang tayo, hanggang dun lang kasi kaya kong bilangin e" Corny but funny for me. There is fear and excitement every time we are reaching the rapids. The water is so cold and calm that I love to go down the raft and swim. Just lie down and you'll go with the flow. After more than 2 hours of rafting, I just found myself saying "Yes" when kuya said that we're now approaching the last rapid. 

 Back Shot

I had another summer blast because of this experience. Thanks to the Kuyas (Gary, Richard, Joel) who consistently makes the whole trip fun and alive. I also salute our official photographer, Kuya Keith, for the good photos.
 Motocross
The Kuyas

Safety Tips:
  • Follow your leader's commands. He keeps on saying that the person who does not paddle are the ones who usually falls on the water
  • Keep your foot on the foot lock
  • Hold your paddle in a way that it will not hit the person near you when your attacked by the waves
  • Wear your head gears and floaters properly
  • Put on sun block or wear long sleeves to avoid sunburn (I bought those sleeves that most tricycle drivers used)
  • Sandals is better than slippers

Rate: 700 per person
Picture: 250
[sample pictures above :) 2 thumbs up Kuya Keith!]
Contact Details:
Kuya Gary
+63918-3512867
+63917-7122323
http://www.cdorafting-map.com/contact-us.html


2 comments:

  1. tripswithloveinlifeApril 25, 2011 at 7:09 AM

    Don't be :) The next time I'll do rafting, it will be with my navi trip buddies :p Basta a.. wag muna :p

    ReplyDelete